Believe me, its been a great growing relationship between myself, the outdoors and parenthood. Chasqui Mom hasn't always been Chasqui Mom! Like many new mothers I was very timid about introducing my babies into the outdoors but with the help of my super energetic son and my dirt-loving daughter, my children turned me into Chasqui Mom.
Over the last year, Chasqui Mom and family have spent many days and nights camping, backpacking, hiking as well as starting an outdoor wilderness program with the church youth group we lead . We have visited six national parks, four California State Parks, two National Forrest, eleven local parks and one international country!
Another great aspect of blogging is that I have found many great outdoor enthusiasts and communities in all social media outlets such as:
- On +Google+, the awesome Thru-Hiking Community that has over 5,000 members!
- On Twitter, the +HikerChat community which has a twitter chat every Friday, at noon EST hosted by +TETON Sports (@TETONsports) and +American Backcountry (@BackcountryTees)
- A great network of other outdoor family bloggers on Outdoor Blogger Network.
- Partnering with Latino Outdoors, a San Francisco Bay Area organization working in motivating Latinos and Latino families to get outdoors.
- As well as playing +Capture California's, outdoor social media game. I love California and this is a great game to enjoy the outdoor California!
One year has brought on 79 posts, lots of outdoor adventures, new friends and great family time. Here's to the next year of blogging and who knows what other fantastic adventures Chasqui Mom and family will have!