Any parent knows that when you leave the house to go anywhere with kids you have to take a multitude of things to keep the kiddos happy. Recently when hiking alone with my two toddlers I noticed that my regular day pack was starting to show its age, as well as busting at the seams with our "gear" for our little mid-day hike.
A Mom's Daypack!
is normally used for backpacking trips or if you have lots of gear, like a mom hiking alone with two toddlers.
- The size (4300 cubic inches/70 liters) is great for carrying everything a mother carries in a diaper bag, plus gear for hiking:
- Diapers, Wipes, Toiletries
- Change of Clothes and Sweaters
- Snacks, Lunch and Toys
- Hydration Pack and Water Bottle
- First Aid Kit
- Picnic Blanket
- Baby Carrier (i.e. ERGO, Boba, etc.)
- I love all the top pockets but my favorite pocket is the front right pocket on the adjustable belt. It's large enough to comfortably hold ANY phone size, plus a car keys as well as having small candies easily accessible.
- I'm very particular about having products fit to a women's body but "unisex" gear usually fit men better than women. I loved 99% of the Escape's fit on my small framed body (5 feet tall), in particular the shoulder straps.
- 4.75 lbs!
- Bright yellow rain cover is attached in the bottom compartment! I consider a great plus because most companies sell the rain fly separately.
- MSRP $159.99
Adjustable Waist Strap
- As I mentioned before, I am a really small framed, petite woman and even though the waist strap is for 28"-45" waist, this strap fits my waist just a tiny bit too big. That is why a said I only love the fit 99%.
Escape 4300 Ultralight Backpack in action at Sunol Regional Wilderness
Chasqui Mom Last Thoughts...
I really like the Escape 4300 backpack, it's a really great spacious, lightweight backpack for day hiking with two toddlers and even though the waist strap fits me a little too big, the winter months are coming when my waist might get a little bigger! I never thought I would have to use a backpacking backpack as a day pack but I'm glad
was gracious enough to send me this backpack at no cost with no review required. Thank you
for providing me a great new day back and as always, this review is my honest opinion.
has a great video about getting to know you Escape 4300 Ultralight Backpack, check it out!