I truly believe that whether in your backyard or on the trails, being active outdoors is something essential for families, especially families with toddlers, even when the grass, cement and dirt is all wet! Children love nature when it's muddy, or when there are lots of puddles to explore, and having the appropriate footwear is as essential as having the proper clothing.
|Featured: Muddy Munchkins Boot by MyMayu [Gray/Fairy, Size 7/8]|
Over the last few years I've run into many issues with inadequate footwear for my toddlers. It's been hard to figure out the right shoes for my toddlers when we go outside to play in our neighborhood or if we head out to the backcountry. I was very glad to discovered Muddy Munchkins Boots by MyMayu that even as I read their Mission Statement...
"MyMayu was created out of necessity: a little boy without proper boots wanted to follow his big brother in the rain. Too many puddle jumping sessions had been cut short by face-plants in the water because of bulky, clunky rubber boots that were too big, too heavy and made him trip. There had to be a better boot."
I knew MyMayu, a Canadian company, understood the needs of my child who enjoys playing in the mud but not getting soggy, muddy feet! Why? Because the owners are parents themselves who love the outdoors and understand toddlers needs! Not only did I have the chance to review these awesome boots but MyMayu is giving away a pair in this gear review, so keep reading and enter below for a chance to win one for your toddler! [Giveaway has ended]
Side Note: I'm particularly fond of the name of this company because it's part Quechua! MyMayu means My "River". Chasqui Mom approved!
- Water-Repellent Boots (not waterproof) and Ultra Lightweight for infants/toddlers
- Three-Season Boot (Spring, Summer and Fall) w/Fleece Liner option for colder temperatures
- Helio Fleece Liner (Optional) Retail Price $16.95
- Multiple Toggles at the knee and ankle to protect from water splashing
- Compact storage due to collapsible upper section
- MM by MyMayu Boot Retail Price: $48.95 ~ 18 different colors and designs!
- Current Toddler Shoe Sizes: 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8
- Made in North America, BPA Free, Vegan and Quick Drying.
The MM Boots by MyMayu, size 7/8 were tested by my three year old daughter who LOVES to get muddy. These boots were tested in the San Francisco Bay Area on grass, mud, cement, shallow puddles and on the dirt trails.
- Lightweight ~ I think this is my favorite feature of these boots. My daughter has had the hardest time finding shoes she can comfortably walk, run and hike in. All other shoes, including her hiking shoes, make her trip a lot. MM Boots provides all the protection from the elements but with no cost in weight, which means my toddler can play freely.
- Water-Repellent ~ Nothing is worse than soggy feet, period. My daughter was able to splash around in shallow puddles, wet grass, very muddy trails and her feet stayed dried. It's a great boot for a rainy or misty day.
- Quick Drying ~ After an morning of walking around in the rain and splashing in puddles, I was scared that the boots would be wet for the rest of the day but they dried quickly and was ready to be worn again later in the afternoon on muddy trails. Usually shoes take days to dry but the MM boot (without the fleece) dried within hours.
- Great for Urban and Outdoor Play ~ Living the the San Francisco Bay Area sometimes I feel like I'm over doing it by making my kids wear their waterproof hiking boots/shoes to the playground or a short hike but I know that if their feet get wet then there will be lots of complaining and being carried. These boots allow for freely playing in urban and outdoor play areas such as playground parks, nature trails to walking on city streets. A very appropriate boot for outdoor play on wet days.
- Tall Upper Section, Toggles and Helios Fleece ~ I still carry my daughter occasionally in the kid carrier and her little calves usually end up being exposed. What is great about the MM Boots by MyMayu is that the tall upper section that has toggles right below the knee so if the pants ride up neither cold wind or rain can dribble down their little legs! A second toggle is also around the ankle to keep the boot in place. Also, if the Helios Fleece are inserted, it adds an extra layer of warmth and doesn't stick out of the boot.
- Not Waterproof ~ Let's make this clear, the MM Boots are not waterproof and they don't claim to be but they are water repellent. The difference is that wading through a creek or standing in deep puddles will let water seep in. We like to test gear to its limits so my daughter stood in a very deep puddle to test the "Waterproof-ness". To my surprise her socks and feet were damp but not soggy. Still just to clarify these are not waterproof.
- Limited Sizes (For Now) ~ Currently MyMayu only has toddler sizes 1-8, but the good news is that in Spring 2015, MyMayu plans to have all sizes from Toddler 1 to Youth 2 in both MuddyMunchkins and Aqua boots in stock. Did I mention the Aqua boot WILL be waterproof?! Yay!
Here's your chance to win one (1) pair of Muddy Munchkins Boots and Helio Liners by MyMayu!
- This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.
- Contest starts October 9, 2014 12:00 a.m. PST until October 23, 2014 11:59 p.m. PST.
- Winner will be announced a couple days after the giveaway has finished.
- Your choice of boot and matching liner found HERE, granted that it's in stock, Toddler Size 1/2 to 7/8 only.
Please use the Rafflecopter below to submit your entries and good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I would like to thank MyMayu who provided these product for the purposes of this review. As always these are my true and honest opinions.
Join in on the conversation by leaving a comment here! You can also join in on the conversations on Chasqui Mom's Facebook, Instagram and Twitter that is updated daily with outdoor activities and other wonderful posts and links from #OutdoorFamilies!